James Bond wears one watch model in the movie GoldenEye, Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming’s Agent 007, Eon Productions and United Artists. James Bond watch identification 100% certain, verified by Omega, without controversy.
- Omega Seamaster Professional 300m/1000ft reference 2541.80 quartz diver’s wristwatch
- James Bond wears his Omega Seamaster 2541.80 watch on a black strap with silver-colored Movado-style buckle throughout the pre-title sequence (mission to destroy Archangel Chemical Warfare Facility in Siberia). Throughout the balance of GoldenEye, Agent 007 otherwise wears his wristwatch on its OEM bracelet.
Omega Seamaster 2541.80 appears to emit a laser-beam from the inverted triangle-marker on its bezel in the 12 o’clock position. James Bond uses this to cut through the steel-plate floor of a train car in which he and Bond girl Natalya Simonova (Izabella Scorupco) have been trapped by Alec Trevelyen (Sean Bean). Agent 007 holds this with his thumb over the 30-second bezel marker in the 6 o’clock position during activation.
Omega Seamaster 2541.80 appears to function as wireless remote-control detonator for explosive charges. A red flashing light in the inverted triangle-marker on its bezel at the 12 o’clock position indicates that it is armed. Pressing the helium-release valve crown appears to deactivate the remote function.
- I am not aware of any screen-worn James Bond watch from GoldenEye that has survived. In 2010, Omega informed me directly that the company itself did not have any in its possession.
- February 20, 2012: “Watches top list of most memorable James Bond icons“
- April 9, 2008: “Challenges to ‘GoldenEye’ Omega watch identification“
Index of GoldenEye wristwatch images on James Bond Watch Photos website.
Dell Deaton ~ July 6, 2014